My music video idea and inspirations (add detail)

 My idea is to use a mainly performance video style, I want to conduct this through showing a female playing the ukulele along to the song in a large variety of locations and have a select amount of shots showing a small narrative for example, when the lyrics say "even though flynn ryders out there i'd probably reject him" I want to show the protagonist rejecting the male character, where as further into the music, when she says "but i blew the only shot that I think I ever had" I want to show the protagonist trying to redeem herself to the male character but he rejects her.

The reason I have chosen performance over narrative and conceptual is because in some cases, seeing the artist perform their piece is more powerful and effective than seeing a narrative and I wish to be able to successfully create this effect within my music video. I also feel like the repetition of the same action but within various locations shows that the artist feels like shes repeating the same process over and over.

This song I feel can fit into both indie pop as well as singer-song writer. I will attempt to appeal to and follow genre conventions of indie pop throughout my music video by hugely matching the pace of the editing with the music itself, this fits the conventions of the genre and is therefore more appealing to the target audience as they may then identify this with the type of music/music video they enjoy. I will also attempt to use locations similar to the types typical to this genre of music such as wooded areas and urban areas of my town, this is effective because it shows the same type of aesthetics the audience likes and is used to within this genre of music video. I will be using camera shots such as close ups to draw focus upon the aesthetics of the location, props and protagonist as the main focus throughout my video will be on the woman playing the ukulele. This is effective because it aids the focus of my music video and further helps the audience identify the ukulele player with the music. Where as I will appeal to the conventions of singer song writer videos by using a mix of narrative and performance within my video to convey the message of the song. I will also use close ups of the main protagonist to show the emotions conveyed by specific parts of the song. The use of an acoustic instrument (ukulele) follows conventions of this genre as well.

I am taking inspiration from one by Ed sheeran. specifically, using a mix of long shots, overhead shots and close ups in the same place. I am doing this because not only does it fit genre conventions of my choice of song but it has a similar type of aesthetics as I wish to achieve

I am also taking inspiration from screws by The Foxies. Specifically their use of location placement, for example; sitting in a skatepark with people skating in the background. I wish to create a similar type of shot throughout my video to link with conventions along with conveying that the singer feels as though life passes by as normal in the background as she feels distanced.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client communication

British New wave research

Analysis of 3 promotional videos