Evaluation of editing

 To begin with, I was tasked with critically reviewing the development of editing technology. I believe, that whilst I did this within my post called "The development of editing technology", if i was given the chance to re-do this post now after developing knowledge on the topic, I would add a section for each heading suggesting potential pros and cons for each one as well as giving and example where they were used and how it changed the production. Even so, I find my post on the development of editing technology to be informative and gives the knowledge required.

Throughout this course, within multiple units, I have had the opportunity to analyse genre specific editing techniques, whilst I definitely showed which different editing techniques are used throughout my french new wave notes as well as briefly mentioning the within my music video inspirations, I definitely was not as analytical as I could have or should have been, whilst I showed the genre specific techniques in the productions, I was lacking in explanation as to why they are used. Given the opportunity i would explain why theses techniques were used and how they benefit said genre.

Throughout this course I have contributed to editing throughout multiple different video productions, some smaller than others, I feel that as a whole, I have hugely developed my editing skills, especially as I was coming into this course with no experience with the software. I have, In my recent edits, shown not only smoother transitions with uses of overlays but I have also considered synching the audio with the edit styles as well and as a result I find my final edits to be hugely improved. My best edit, I believe is The hugger underneath the blogpost "4 hour film challenge obsession and lust" I feel as though In this edit I used a creative style of editing to really emphasise the sinister undertones I was trying to create. However, if I was given the chance to go back and improve, I would not only experiment with some different types of editing techniques to broaden my skill set, but in my music video production I feel as though I could have used more footage to allow a smoother, more engaging edit. 

Whilst, as I mentioned above, I finally did used picture an audio together to enhance my productions, at the start of the course I could have allowed more space for audio and maybe done more research into potential audios I could've used. This would have enhanced my projects and resulted in a higher quality product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client communication

British New wave research

4 Hour film challenge - Obsession and lust