crew on set

 


cinematographer/cameraman

For my research into how much a professional cinematographer would cost us i went to a variety of websites and pages, looking into average hourly pay a professional cinematographer would earn. According to https://www.payscale.com , the average base hourly rate for a cinematographer is £21 /hour.

But then I also found from the same site that the average cameraman earns £40 /hour. This is a sign to me that we want a cinematographer specifically because after doing some research to create a distinction between the two, it became clear to me that cinematographers are typically higher level professionals.

https://www.pocketpence.co.uk states that the average hourly wage is £15.50.

After looking into the averages of hourly wages, I also realised it would not be smart to pay them the minimum we can because not only will this effect how professional and trustworthy of a cinematographer we can get, but this is also morally not the best route of action in my opinion as we are paying them for their best efforts and all of their hard work. Due to these factors, I am deciding to use payscales average salary as a basis of where to hire a cinematographer, this would mean I would be paying £21 /hour and therefor, for the whole production, I would pay a maximum of £378 for this production.

lighting technician

https://www.prospects.ac.uk states that a lighting technician on a commercial should earn £41.70/hour.

Whereas other sites such as https://www.salary.com suggest the average wage is much less. At hourly wages of £16.58

Due to the same ethical and logical reasons stated prior, I will be finding a lighting technician for £19/hour. This for the whole production works out at £342

Sound designer

I struggled to find much on hourly pay of a sound designer from my research. However, payscale states that a sound designer, on average, earns £15.50 / hour.

Due to this, I will be looking for a sound designer that will be paid £17/hour. This means overall for the production the sound designer will cost: £306.

Editor

Payscale states that a film/video editors base average salary per hour works out at £14.79.

Where as https://uk.talent.com states that the average pay for a video editor is £15.38/hour.

Due to the similarities between these two numbers, I have decided to look for a video editor at £15/hour, working out at £75 for the whole production.

Hair stylist

For a hair stylist I used talent.com and payscale to compare average hourly wages, payscale states that the average hourly wage is £8.25, where as talent.com states that the average salary P/h is £12.05. Due to these differences i have decided to find a hair stylist for £10 /hour. This works out at £180 for the production.



 

makeup Artist

I used the same method of comparison with finding prices of makeup artists as I did with hair stylists. Payscale states average hourly wage is £10.13 /hour where as talent.com states its over double that, at £20.51/hour. Due to these findings along with fitting with the rough budget created in the pitch, I have decided to find a makeup artist for £13.50 /hour, this works out at £243 for the whole production.


The overall pricing for the crew for the production would be £243+£180+£75+£306+£342+£378= £1524

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client communication

British New wave research

Analysis of 3 promotional videos