my final video and evaluation

 Cynical Fairytale
I found this project quite enjoyable and found myself learning a lot throughout. I believe as a whole my final production came out good, however could use improvement.
To begin this project I researched into different perspectives of music video theories (vernallis and goodwin). I believe my research on these two theorists was accurate, detailed and informative however if i was given the chance to improve I would add more examples to demonstrate their theories. I then did an analysis of 3 music videos showing some genre conventions, analysing the song and how the video linked to it. I think my analysis was detailed and had a good amount of depth, however to improve I would link in the two above theorists perspectives to add even more depth and perspective. I then scouted out potential locations and created a brief story board showing what I wished to create. As I couldn't find images of my locations anywhere and I didn't schedule for time to photograph the locations, I used screenshots from my final video and added them in at the end just to make my story board more visual.
When it came to shooting I was un able to find any actors so I had to be in the video myself, due to this reason, I found the actual filming aspect of the video rather difficult. This shows in my music video as there are some lower quality shots than others, I was planning on re filming these shots but unfortunately once I was caught up on the written work and had time to reshoot, the weather had turned too bad to refilm. In the future to improve the production, I would create a contingency plan to ensure my work was the best quality possible and I would also use more variety in my shots, such as cloning myself through editing and tracking shots. To  improve my editing, next time I would use more creative editing techniques such as potentially simple animating to accentuate certain features of the production that fell into the background such as the water in one of the shots. 
Overall I think this project was a success but given the opportunity, there are many things I would change in hindsight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

British New wave research

Client communication

Analysis of 3 promotional videos