cast

 First I started with looking for the average salary /hour for actors/actresses. Most pages I found including payscale and talent.com state that the average hourly wage for an actor/ actress is £11 per hour.


However I also decided to look further into the casting of actors so as I could be sure we hired professionals only that would help produce the quality of content we wish to achieve in our video.

I have decided to find my main 4 actors/actresses on https://www.mandy.com because it presents you with the ability to broaden your search to age, location and key words. When clicking on a chosen actor or actress, you are shown a list of their past productions, any reviews of their acting skills, what type of project they are looking for and many other details.


 I have decided to pay my actors £16 per hour due to the higher amount of pay is more likely to allow us to hire more experienced and professional actors/actresses. I will be hiring the main 2 actors for a maximum of 18 hours, including inbetween shooting, which results in £288. The other 2 actors in the last scene will only be hired for 2 hours as their scene is only short. This results in £32 . In total actors will cost £320. 

I then moved on to looking at hiring a group of 20(ish) actors. According to https://actinginlondon.co.uk extras are on average paid £50-100 per day or minimum wage per hour. Due to wanting extras over the age of 25, minimum wage would be £8.72. I have decided to pay all extras as I think paying minimum wage for a video we want in high quality is unfair, however due to the shear amount of extras we need it can not be pushed any higher. We want 20 extras so per hour that would cost us £180. We only want to hire them for 3 hours so this would cost £540. 

In total, the cast of the production will cost £860.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Client communication

British New wave research

Analysis of 3 promotional videos